Saturday, October 3, 2009

Declan Ganley Wrong AGAIN

I listened to Declan Ganley on with Marianne Finucane today and subsequently on the news going on about how the YES vote to the Lisbon Treaty is a huge endorsement of the Government for the next three years.

As usual, Declan is putting his own spin on this and as with almost everything else he has said, I completely disagree with him. It is so far from the truth in fact, that I would hazard a guess that if anyone on the YES side claimed it, they might risk a physical assault! I, for one voted YES but that in no way reflected any level of satisfaction with this government. I still think NAMA is a disaster. I still think the Government is quite likely to fall - this side of Christmas.

The sight of the Greens going in to renegotiate the Programme for Government 'in a strong position' is even laughable. Sure if they don't get what they want - are they going to walk? I don't think so. I still think the biggest risk to the Government comes from Fianna Fail back-benchers. They can't renegociate anything or be seen to deliver anything and I would imagine when they see all the strutting the Greens are doing (and will do if they are seen to, for example, reverse the education cuts) they will become an even more restless lot.

Anyway, the day belongs to the Lisbon Treaty. I haven't seen many NO advocates around. I wonder have they taken shelter...waiting for the sky to fall in?

No comments: